Long retro waves- everyone wants them, few know how to get them! You’ve seen celebrities like Megan Fox and Blake Lively modeling these luscious waves on the red carpet and we can’t blame you for wanting them too. We also can’t blame you for not knowing how to get them so today, we’ve got the inside scoop to help you create this glamorous style all on your own.
How to get celebrity-worthy long retro waves using L’Oreal Professionnel products:
1. Shampoo hair with L’Oreal’s Mythic Oil shampoo and conditioner to clean and hydrate your hair (for the record, there are no words for how much we love the Mythic Oil products!).
2. Gently towel dry hair. Apply a nickel sized amount of L’Oreal’s Smoothing Velour all over your damp hair.
3. Comb hair out as you would normally.
4. Spray L’Oreal’s Lift Extreme to roots of your hair to help create volume. Bonus: This product also adds luster which is a celebrity a hair must-have!
5. Completely blow dry your hair with a medium sized round brush. The combination of round brushing your hair with the heat from the dryer will create volume and shine. After the blow dry is complete, spray L’Oreal’s Infinium 2 hair spray onto your hair. This should be done BEFORE curling your hair. This is a light hold hair spray that provides heat protection.
6. Curl your hair using a 1 inch barrel curling iron. Begin with the sections of your hair around the face. When curling this section, direct the curls to flow away from your face. Pin each curl up into a pin curl to allow curl to cool. Use a flat pin to avoid creasing your hair. Pin up each curl as you curl it. Pinning your hair into a pin curl provides the curl to cool and create a more bouncy curl. Move on to curling the rest of your hair directing each curl randomly. Pin up each curl as you go to let each curl cool.
7. Once your hair is completely curled and all curls have been pinned and cooled, remove pins and let your hair drop. Shake out your hair and hit the runway!
How to by: Rowdy Stylist Christina Harris